RE: Newbie Alert

Keith from NY said:
> There are times you may have to dig through the list archives if you
>
> actually want to understand the old-timers' esoterica, but this is a
> swell
> bunch of people here.

and Bethany from MI responded:
I've never seen the word esoterica before, but I like it.  Good usage
Keith.  Also, you may dig, but you might have to resign yourself to not
getting it.  I've been a listee for like 2 years and I still don't
really understand the origin of the ouchy joke (or the woot thing...
someone teased us with the promise of an explination once, but alas.)

if I had more mental energy I'd write in haiku,
Bethany