RE: The Perfect Gift

I want to approach this with as much tenderness as I
can, but getting a new job is nto necisarily an
option. For instance in my state, ORegon, we have the
highest unemployment rate in the country. I have been
stuck at a job that I hate, because there are not any
other options (and believe me, I have been trying to
find another job). The jobs are just not out there
right now. And I will admit that I am a different case
altogether, becasue I could not take a job at
Starbucks or wherever, for I cannot take a job that I
have to stand all the time.
I am glad that this system works for you, but just
because it works for one person, does not mean that it
will work for everyone. Some say the economy is
rebounding (though I've seen little, if any proof of
this). However, in the current state, many people have
to cling to what they got, even if they hate it, for
if they do not, they will be out on the streets.
Anyway, like I said, I mean no disrespect for you, I
just wanted to explain things from a different point
of veiw.

As far as health care, well I'll keep my veiws of
universal health care under my hat for now. (but I
will that the poor have just as much right to ddecent
medical care as the rich, after all, we all have the
right to live. Don't we?

Ok, I am done reanting and raving. It's finals, what
can I say.

--- Kelvin Bailey <unloadthedragon@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Sometimes I get a little weary hearing people
> complain about where they
> work.  If you don't like it, get another job.  I
> just quite my sucky job and
> it was the most empowering thing I've done in years.
>  I know some people
> dont' have the luxury, but the folks working at
> Borders aren't exactly
> welfare mothers.
>
> Besides...healthcare is a "benifit" not an
> entitlement.  I think it would be
> great if all employers offered it to all full-time
> employers, but if they
> don't and you need it, go somewhere that offers it.
>
> Besides...unions suck.
>
> But then again...it's Christmas time!

> >From: "Thom Jurek" <blueofnoon@msn.com>
> >
> >Forgive tyhis opff-topic rant, but   Borders
> employess at their flagship
> >store in Ann Arbor, Borders, Store #1, voted for a
> union last year 54-4 and
> >since that time the company has steadfastly refused
> to negotiate. The
> >employees are on strike for a basic living
> wage--some of them have worked
> >there for 20 years--and to KEEP, not improve, the
> health benefits they
> >already have. Don't believe me? Go to
> www.bordersunion.org for more info.
> >Support Paste at OTR and boycott Borders until they
> settle. But this is
> >just my sentiment as an Ann Arbor resident,  an OTR
> fan  who knows chains
> >rip off bands, and a pro labor union person.

> Do I contradict myself?
> Very well, I contradict myself.
> I am large.
> I contain multitudes.
>            -- W. Whitman

=====
Century follows century, and things happen only in the present.
-Jorge Luis Borges, "The Garden of forking Paths"