Re: While we're talking about tech stuff....

for more info, you can see
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=Apex+AD-2600&Submit=Search&Search=Search

basically, looks like an ok DVD player, will play DVD+/-R/RW, SVCD, VCD, and MP3

my 3 disc Apex player is messing up, so I'm looking for a new one as well, but I want a changer model.  (I wish Apex made something like the Sony 300 disc dvd changer...that would rock)

you have to be careful with some of the apex models...you want to get an extended warranty with it, since some models seem to wear out pretty early...one thing, on my model, is that i should have shut off the unit with the power button on the player, instead of just using the remote--that left the unit in 'stand-by' mode, which can wear it out faster...

if you want to read a bunch of message board postings about all kinds of Apex players, see
http://www.nerd-out.com/forum/

couldn't find a cheaper price for Apex 2600 on Bizrate.com