RE: Christian Rock

> Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:13:41 -0700
> From: David Dean <David.Dean@asu.edu>
> Subject: RE: Christian Rock
>
> Ok I checked out this site and frankly I can't be silent on this
> subject.
>
> What a bunch of horse manure!  They fault Amy Grant for singing about
> depression and loneliness...excuse me?  Where does it say in
> scripture one can't feel human?  This appalling site holds these
> artists to a standard of perfect Christianity never-minding the fact
> that there is no such thing.  The whole site smacks of Pharisaical
> judgments and countermands the very essence of what it means to be a
> Christian: love and forgiveness.
>
> What I think is even more appalling is how they appear to fear the
> artists because of their shortcomings.  Somehow these artists will
> have such tremendous influence on impressionable minds that we will
> all run out an commit adultery, get tattoos, say the f word, and
> worship Elvis!  C'mon!  The authors of that site miss a fundamental
> principle according to my copy of the handbook: only One is qualified
> to sit in judgment.

I'm right with you up to here... I like that line about fearing them
for their shortcomings.

> Christian crap like this website just reinforces why I avoid
> Christians socially.  The narrow-minded scripture spewing makes me
> nauseous.

But good Lord (ok, I admit it, pun intended ;) ), you must know the
wrong Christians!  I know none who go about spewing scripture,
narrow-minded or otherwise, in social situations.

Then again, I'm Catholic, and apparently not Christian at all by the
definition of this web site.  :-D

Michelle
a promoter of the Mary-cult ;)