RE: Christian Rock - Success

> It's a curse of modernity to believe that what Over the Rhine is doing
> is not successful.

Perhaps, but I think the point stands.

Most artists, I think, have two primary objectives: to create good art, and to share that art with other people. OTR has been remarkably successful in the former, not remarkably successful in the latter. Yes, the fans they do have are rabid, but I've yet to meet a single person (in real life) who's heard of the little band that could.

That doesn't mean the band shouldn't be sleeping nights. As Adema might say, "you can't complain when you can pay the bills and do your thing."

=

s&th
hooligan@apostate.com
www.jaquelinerose.com