Favorite Christmas albums

I have to agree with whoever mentioned Bruce
Cockburn's Christmas album. It is definitely one
of my all-time favorites. The reviews when it was
released cited "Angels We Have Heard on High" as
the best track. I prefer "Go Tell it on the
Mountain"; it has a swinging hook that alwawys
invites me to sing along.

Another Christmas disc that gets a lot of time in
the changer each December is "Noel," various
artists from the alt-Christian world (Riki
Michelle, Julie Miller, The Choir et. al.)
produced by Derri Daugherty and Steve Hindalong
of The Choir. The songs are all traditional but
with very modern arrangements that successfully
walk that line of doing justice to tradition
while interpreting it anew.

I also like The Chieftans Christmas album -- lots
of tradition spun in an Irish/Celtic weave that
at times is raucous and always moving. Aye,
that's good.

Jeff

=====
Jeff McCloud