RE: christmas music

--- rhys frank <shadow@teuton.org> wrote:

> thought personally,
>
> i think Drummer Boy deserves and cries out for a
> rap/pop version with hard
> drum beats. not the sappy choral arrangements with
> men and women singing
> soulfully.

My favorite version of Little Drummer Boy was done by
Whiteheart. Some of you familiar with them may be
thinking 'yuck typical 80's bad Christian music' but I
must admit the group has a special place in my heart
from my youth. That said their rendition of Little
Drummer Boy definitely fits Rhys's description in my
opinion. Anyway, I don't know how easy it is to find
anymore. It was put out on a multi-artist Christmas
album under the Sparrow label called Christmas in
1988. It is definitely worth hearling, if you can get
your hands on it and you like Little Drummer Boy.

I also must echo the sentiments of others regarding
Michael W. Smith's  Christmas. It is excellent.

On a variation of a theme...What are some of your
favorite Christmas songs and who performs them best in
your opinion?

Being a big fan of Christmas music. I have several:

Little Drummer Boy -Whiteheart and O Come, O Come
Emmanuel - Margaret Becker I think are my favorite
carols.  Close behind is What Child is This and O Holy
Night. I also love the Holly and the Ivy, Coventry
Carol, and Benjamin Brittens Ceremony of Carols. The
Ceremony of Carols is just beautiful.
That is enough for now.

-22 days and counting,

-christina