The Ultimate Film:_The Apple_

kevin j hopp wrote, re: The Ultimate Film-
>"I think I've seen this listed by an ebayer >that deals in interesting
rarities.Except I >got a thing about 'buying' bootlegs. So I >take it
you'd say it's worth tracking down >an original copy?"

Someone at work is looking for a 35mm print to screen in the artsy
theatre down by the University.

Personally, I'm hoping M.G.M. will release a widescreen DVD, because the
Pan & Scan version shown on Flix!, Showtime, and soon, Starz! is rather
claustrophobic.

>"I remember looking at IMDB at the time >and it only got like a 2 or 3
in overall >ratings."

That sounds quite generous, considering the fit and finish problems of
this Golan-Globus musical, about Alphie & Bibi (Adam & Eve, to be
tempted by The Apple of fame) two naive Canadian kids from
Moose Jaw, who enter a 1994 American Idol-type worldwide singing
competition, and subsequently, the orbit of the Svengaliesque Mr.
Boogalow, C.E.O. of Boogalow's International Music, whose first name is
never mentioned, but, it could quite well be "Damian."

In 1980, Cannon Fims rented a theatre in Los Angeles for a week, giving
soundtrack albums to the first 100 viewers, and 45 rpm singles to the
next 1000, on their way in. After getting several big dents in the
screen, and a giant game of frisbee throwing, the policy was switched to
giving the records to the departing patrons of the theatre, who, for
some strange reason, seemed reticent to accept such a gift.

"Life is nothing but show business
In Nineteen Ninety-Four
We fight for the spotlight
We kill for encore...

Life is nothing but show business
The world's a cabaret
We live for the fortune
We die for the fame!"
- Mr. Boogalow in _The Apple_

NP-> _The Apple_

"I think there's an innocence about the midwest that walks hand in hand
with a kind of mental illness..." Linford Detweiler 1993