Re: old & new

(Welcome welcome)

I would agree from the honorable representative from Michigan; OtR's style doesn't seem to be linear enough for a flowchart. Sure there are groups of songs or even albums I want to hold up and say, hey, do some more of these! I'd love another Good Dog like I'd love another Eve, but the band doesn't seem to be interested in replicating their own path of style or even their own successes.

Radio play is centered around producing hits, and in that sense I think listeners are trained to look for the same things over and over again. I know I follow some artists just for their sound, and when the sound changes, lo I may depart. Your speakers do not deceive you, Ohio really is a new step. Enjoy Ohio for a while, guilt-free. And when you pick up a record from their library, give yourself some time with it, cause it's bound to be new. Don't worry, Ohio isn't the only pearl.

The hourglass is shifting sand / up along the top,

Nathan

I guess I don't see Ohio as really a departure... maybe as the next step
for an artist.  Its so stylistically all over the place people have
claimed to hear lots of the older albums in various songs.  Some of my
favorite parts of Ohio sound most like _Good Dog Bad Dog_, which I am
particularly attatched to.  I think it shares the bareness, the
vulnerability of some of the songs on Ohio.  Ask someone else, and you
might get an entirely different answer :)

Bethany