Re: Pornambulist (Simply Being Loved)

Well, how do you measure or determine "problems rooted in pornography"? If you're talking about
a violent crime in which a main piece of evidence is loads of kiddy porn on the perpetrator's hard
drive, that sort of thing - well, maybe not a lot. But most of its negative effects, even if accounted
for statistically, aren't typically attributed to porn. Things like divorce, sexual compulsion and addiction,
neglected kids, financial ruin, ruined ministries...that sort of thing.

For Pete's sake, we're talking about an addiction. The numbers are staggering.

Again, I think a lot of the numbers are compiled here - where porn is considered taboo. Everywhere I've been in Holland is a delight! It doesn't seem like the average people are suffering or living these horrificly depraved lives. How does it work there but not here? Can't we have our porn and eat it too? Err. Whatever they are doing, we should try it! It seems to work!

Statistics can be manipulated lots of cool ways. It makes arguing in the "modern" day not so fun. I'm sure there are studies out there that "prove" the point both ways.

I wish I could attribute a quarter of all the stupid things I've done in my life to porn. But sadly, I'm not that clever.

Simply being loved is more than enough,