RE: Okay, NOW we're talking about porn.

Drew, as usual, makes many good points. But I have to disagree with this one...

* I very much respect the actor's ('actor' meaning either gender) right to
choose to participate in porn (or not). I feel it is a CHOICE for them,
fundamentally.

...for the same reason I wouldn't respect someone's choice to make their living peddling crack or running a white slavery ring. I know that sounds like an extreme comparison, but...

They are making a choice to participate in something that destroys lives. In extreme cases it contributes to horror stories such as Ted Bundy. I know his story might be an exception among those who use porn but, for Pete's sake, isn't that enough?!? In countless other cases - more than you care to imagine - it destroys people and families and futures and purity and lots of other things that to me are way more important than my right to screw on camera or watch someone else screw on camera. I just think it goes way beyond the right of an individual to participate or not participate. As a whole, it has had a hugely negative impact on societies and families, with no justifying contribution other than an economic one to the folks who make and peddle it.

By the way, I feel pretty passionate about this topic.

Just a thought...or two...

Kelvin