RE: Rip Torn (was RE: too early?)

--- "Vogel, Andrew (vogelap)" <VOGELAP@UCMAIL.UC.EDU>
wrote:

> You see, last night Wendy & I went to see
> METAMORPHOSIS at the Cincinnati
> Playhouse in the Park.

<snip>

I totally agree with you, Drew. When I was still in
school, the college put on a production of "Eqous."
(Sorry if I misspelled the title.) The play also has a
scene with full frontal male and female nudity. There
were plenty of signs and warnings in all the
advertisments and in the theatre, too. So of course,
folks in Fort Wayne got worked up about it.

What bothered me, though, was that when I saw the
play, an over-obviously affluent mother had brought
her 6 year old daughter with her to see it. It's a
wonderful play, but I don't think it was age
appropriate for a six year old.

What's even more disheartening was that Equs was about
the only play that sold out every performance in that
theatre's history. The consensus was because of the
nudity. Is that what good theatre has been stripped
down to?

bink