Re: Send Kylie To The Other Side Of The World

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, So Briquet wrote:

> Kylie Wilkerson wrote-
>
> "hey people...  anyone ever use Priceline.com('name your price') to book
> a flight??

yes. i like them, those friendly-name-a-price-websites.

i prefer hotwire, though. there's no bidding and forcing of taking a
ticket.

i've flown from fort wayne (a nowhere airport) to richmond, VA for $80.

i've flown from ft wayne to spokane - another set of nowhereish airports
with high rates (avg 400), for 160

with no painful red0eye, although i like red-eye, it's quieter.

> Let's hold a fundraiser and send Kylie to Japan for Christmas!!

too bad you cannot be small and stow away in my brother's sea bag. then
again, he's supposed to be home for christma,s and perhaps speaking to his
new brothers-in-law

> I used priceline.com thrice in 1999, and got to see the Atlanta, Salt
> Lake City, Cincinnati, and Saint Louis airports, on flights, the
> destinations of which, were nowhere near those cities, because they
> happen to be airline hubs.

delays and stopovers are invetibale. pick places like atlanta, and chicago
- they have fabulous people watching opportunites.  don't pick Cinci. i
was stuck for 14 hours on a routine flight from richmond to fort wayne.

good luck!

rhys

--
The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.