Re: RE: Taft Plans

On 11/4/03 9:51 AM, quoth the effervescent Drew at VOGELAP@UCMAIL.UC.EDU:

>> 2) Nikki, there are worse things than being indebted to Bruce.
>>
>Name six!

Okay, Drew, since you asked:

1. Ripping my knee open at Faire this year walking in to work, bleeding
all over the place, having the on-site paramedic say he can't help me,
getting schlepped to the hospital, having novocaine injected directly
into an open wound, and having four stitches put in, then, much later,
inexpertly taken out.

And I'm just getting started.

2. Having said Faire tell me they won't cover my $901 hospital bill.

3. Exhausting my unemployment just as my on-the-side job at said Faire is
over for the season.

4. Having some ass break into my car as it sat, flashers on, in front of
my parents' house when I went in to get the puppy.

5. Discovering all my Faire stuff-- my corset, chemise, skirt, belts,
custom silver dagger, lingerie, weekend clothes, earrings, hairwrap,
custom leather mug, and all my Guild pins, amongst other things-- is gone
forever. Years of sentimental value.

6. Discovering one of the other things in the bag was the wireless,
cordless credit card machine you brought home for the week so it'd be
"safe."

7. Having to tell the owner of the shop, "Er....Jay, I know you had a
baby last week and you're getting married next week and I don't mean to
stress you any further, but...."

8. Having said owner explain, in his usual calm and laid-back, sweet way,
that the machine wasn't worth a few hundred dollars, but over $1,800.

9. Having your insurance company tell you, more or less, all your faire
stuff is "work related," and therefore mostly not covered, despite your
having said items for far longer than you'd had the job.

10. Having to deal with an annoying brat of an adjustor who's never been
to a Faire and has no idea what you're talking about, but nevertheless
feels justified in telling you what is necessary for your job and what
isn't.

11. Having one of the other things stolen be your cell phone, with two
years' worth of phone numbers in it. (If I had yours, email me with it so
I can put it into the new phone, please!)

12. Having to deal with your ex to get the dagger and guild pins
replaced. (Much as I love the man-- remember my Rhapsodie story? That's
him.)

13. Dealing with all of this, still (knee: Labor Day Saturday, robbery:
two weeks ago) , and coming down with what threatens to be a nasty sore
throat and chest cold.

So. That enough for you, Drewbaby? (grumblebitchwhine)

This is why Ysoie needs the Taft show. Badly. And large amounts of
chocolate. Spare cash wouldn't hurt. Backrubs. Cold medicine that won't
make my brain hurt. More chocolate....