"I am dedicating this song to me."

The Over the Rhine show last night at Canal Street
Tavern was groovy... they played mostly only OHIO
stuff... with "All I Need Is Everything" and
"Orphan Girl" thrown in... we bailed right before
the encore (I was tired from being in NYC for half
a week up until about a few hours before the show)...

Songs they played (in no order but random):
Hometown Boy, Ohio, Anything At All, Jesus In N.O.,
Lifelong Fling, She, Cruel and Pretty (?), Fool(?)...

My guess on what the encore was~
  This alleged "party" that Bruce had to go to was
actually a surprise.  Bruce Lachey, known primarily
for his jazz-guitar work in the supergroup Bix
Phillips Flicks Bics *and* as a backup dancer for
Xtina Aguilera, came on stage with a shiny 7-string
Ibanez JP200.  OtR thunderously went into a rippin'
version of the Cream classic "Sunshine of Your
Love."  It was similar to Eric Clapton's mid-80's
live performance of the song, as opposed to the
classic album version.  Bruce's style is like the
best parts of Eric Clapton (his amp mic), the best
parts of Yngwie Malsteen (his keyboardist Jens),
and the best parts of Angus Young (the silly
shorts).  Bruce "tore it up," and was a welcome
replacement to Paul Moak on such short notice.
Paul had to be in 'bama for the g'parent's 60th
anniversary.  Bruce also opted for pacchouli over
Paul's usual Sandalwood.  Odd choice, but that's
what makes Bruce the artist that he is... pacchouli.

Overall a great show!!

Dan