In Depth Explanation of "The Great Flower Conspiracy"

To Our Beloved Co-listees:

This post is from Bill Ivester...
He gets error messages back when he tries to post to the list...hence
I'm helping him out.
(He's such a sweetie, as those who have met him already know)

"ok...one more attempt at trying to explain...

it is my belief that if we take a co-operative effort, everyone that is
interested to send their money to one person (me), i will go to one
source (hopefully a flower distributor/wholesaler) to purchase flowers
(my idea is roses) in bulk, this should allow us to buy a much greater
quantity of flowers than we could individually. there is no maximum
contribution, no minimum but, so far the lowest amount given is $10,
some have given $20, i started it off with a $50 donation, so i'm not in
this to profit if that is the question/problem. i will keep the
individual donation side of this quiet so everyone could just do as they
please or afford, i had personally hoped donations would start at around
$5-10 and each individual would simply base it on what they could
afford. everyone sending the donation is asked to send a note or card,
these cards will be given to K & L, hopefully just prior to the show,
again to maintain the surprise. there will be no notation on the cards
as to the amount of the donation so everyone will share equally in the
presentation. the flowers would then be set up on stage, hopefully
between soundcheck and the opening acts in order to preserve the
surprise aspect of this. also, i have discussed this with linford,
received his "blessing" & approval, his reply was "That sounds
wonderful. How kind. Pls proceed as you deem fit", he is "in on it " so
to speak. but again (and importantly) THIS IS A SURPRISE TO KARIN,
participating or not, please help us maintain that.

as i said in a previous e-mail, this will allow us to get much more bang
for the buck than we can individually, it will also allow those who can
not attend the show to participate and say "thanks" to K & L and in some
way participate in this special night, even if they can not attend the
show. after the show any flowers that K & L do not want to take with
them will be collected and given to a women's or family shelter of their
choice (or any other organization of their choice) on saturday, this way
more will benefit from our time, money and effort.

btw, karin loves flowers, i take them to every show i attend and she
always very appreciative and touched by it, i was just hoping to share
this experience with the group as a whole. obviously, no one has to
participate (but many have already), you can send nothing, you can buy
flowers on your own, you can not buy flowers, your call. it just seems
to me that this could be a very cool gesture and a lot of fun for these
people that we all seem to appreciate and respect. this was done for a
cowboy junkies show earlier this year and it was a huge success and
great fun for all. i really don't think i have left anything out this
time, if so, let me know.

this is also posted on drew's MB & the cowboy junkie's MB where OtR have
a significant number of fans hanging out also. thanks again for
listening, thanks to trudes fo posting this, for some reason i can't get
it to post.

bill [bivester@yahoo.com] "