OtR in DC - Review

Iota is one goofy goofy club.  Back in the day, it was half the size.  Or
1/3.  Whatever.  So now there's still a structural bearing wall pretty much
in the middle of the "floor".  This has been commented on before by others
that have seen them there, but sheesh.  It's SMALL!

I got there early (6:30?) with my best pal Dean and a coworker Mike who had
never seen them.  We ate Iota grub, great stuff.

Both openers Susan and Stephen were great, I was glad they only played 5 or
6 songs apiece though, standing much longer would have killed us.

OtR's set was along the lines of:

Spinning
Bothered
Show Me
She
Nobody Number One
Long Lost Brother
Lifelong Fling/Ain't No Sunshine
Ohio
Professional Daydreamer
All I Need Is Everything
The World Can Wait
When I Go

My Love Is A Fever
Cruel + Pretty
Changes Come

We were right up front so Karin was low for us, but sounded great.  We were
a meter from Paul's crazy setup.  Wow.  Hunter the guitar guy had to crawl
over the stage to keep feeding K+P guitars.  I have the setlist in the car,
but that's what I remember...  As per usual on this tour, it was a great
loud show.  There is no room for the vibes on the Iota stage so Paul did the
slide guitar thing on Lifelong Fling..  Karin dedicated it to a girl who
brought some glass thing and a guy that was taking pictures - she said she
hoped they were a couple...

This is a really nonlinear review, but when the setlist was taped to the
stage, I noticed my name on it..  I was mostly hoping that they had written
a special song for me but alas it was not to be..  So I have a setlist with
my name on it.  Strange!  Karin mentioned my name to the audience as the
best fan on the planet.  Hehe..  Just kiddin'.

Well, a day of real workin' and a half day already of strange sightseeing
(Woodrow Wilson House, The Society Of The Cincinnati center and a greek
festival, anyone??) and it's already time to hit the town.  Seems early.
It's too dark on the East Coast, too early.

Be good, y'all,