Kylie's Misplaced Loyalties; There's No Crying In Baseball

kylie_wilkerson@spamhotmail.com wrote:
"steve wrote:

>Go Sox and Go Cubbies!

"Geez, (Perpetual Loser) Cubs.
Did anyone else cry??"

There's no crying in baseball, unless you count the tears of joy that
the curse of the goat stands.

"The Fish didn't deserve this one, we did."

Just because a fifteen minute old franchise doesn't "deserve" to
humiliate the Cubs within the ivy-covered walls of Wrigley Field, it
doesn't mean that it's not a good thing.

"At least there's still one underdog in the game."

Maybe that game will have more of that old-fashioned headhunting and
NHL-style brawling caused by those lovable curse suffering underdogs,
who can't wait to grab Don Zimmer's watermelon-sized head, to throw his
seventy-two year old body to the cold, hard ground.

"so sad and lonely,
kylie"

Stop being a Cubs fan, and realize, once and for all, that you are never
alone.

NP-> Over The Rhine- _OHIO_ (compete with scratchy analog clicks and
pops on stereophonic vinyl)

"I think there's an innocence about the midwest that walks hand in hand
with a kind of mental illness..." Linford Detweiler 1993