Philly North Star Bar Show

I think I have shaken the cobwebs from my head, and as I think about the
show last night, it was phenomenal. Despite the fact that the NSB website's
direction that they have posted suck, we (3 Rhine newbies and myself) found
the venue. the show started promptly at 9, with Susan Enan just getting up
and playing. Really unique, short set, it was difficult to hear her with all
the people jabbering. Steven Delopoulos also kept it short. He was pretty
cool, I don't think I'd buy any of his stuff, but he was good. Rhine took
the stage at 10 and it just blew me away. I think what was most impressive
about the show was how full it sounded. I realise that there indeed were 5
people on the stage. But how tight the sound was. It's not even a matter of
sonic boom (though where I was standing along the left wall I could put my
back to in and feel the Bass line vibrate my heart) but the sheer sound of
all the distinct players coming together. Awesome!!!  Karin and Linford
mentioned that they did a recording session with David Dye for the World
Cafe http://worldcafe.org/ down at the XPN studios www.xpn.org. Here is the
thing, I listen to XPN pretty regularly, but I've not heard Rhine on there
since Films came out. They didn't even have the show listed on their website
earlier in the week. Anyway Karin and Linford said that the session they did
earlier in the day will be on in early November. Looking forward to that.

back to lurking...

Nate Shields
ncshields@netzero.net

"Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription...is more
cowbell!" -Bruce Dickinson/Christopher Walken