Drop the needle and watch the trees blush

Hello all,

We were just home for a few quick days during this here 3-month tour.
Checking on family and friends, walking the dog, paying a few bills, enjoying the
pregnant moon and the crisp October nights. We're having a truly memorable time
with the band and these new songs and with all you folks that have been coming
to the concerts.  And it's back on the road now, Northeast into the changing
leaves, toward the ocean, the blue sprawling skies over Pennsylvania...

Just wanted to let you know that OHIO has arrived on vinyl. It's a real
double album now. The deluxe vinyl edition contains all song lyrics, more specific
credits, and a few additional photos as well as all the liner notes from the
cd booklet.

The songs on OHIO connect us to the music we grew up with maybe more so than
our previous records--the pedal steel, the gospel overtones, the upright
piano--and we grew up with record players, and gatefold jackets and liner notes and
the photographs in those records that burned themselves into our childhoods.
I'll be honest--it's been hard to cram our dreams into a cd size booklet. So
it's been a long time coming--Over the Rhine's first vinyl release. And they're
beautiful.

When you open the gatefold, we think you'll know that this new state-sized
double album feels at home in this larger format. If you have occasion to drop a
real phonograph needle on these songs, we think you'll be warmed. And that
ritual--turning the record over--a little intermission--what is it about that?

Well, we're having a good time. For the next while, we'll be giving away to
all who pick up the vinyl version of OHIO two playful color portraits of us
that Michael Wilson made shortly after we were done recording. (If you already
ordered a copy, just let the Paste folks know, and they'll send you the photos
after the fact, on us.) Tiny treats.

Well, I'm the last one to pack my suitcase. Gotta run. Hope to see you in
Pittsburgh or Philly or NYC or Boston or Atlanta or Nashville or?

Godspeed,

Linford Detweiler for Over the Rhine