RE: Forum for OTR stuff?

>From: DustyVolume  >Subject: RE: Forum for OTR stuff?
>Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
>
>No offense to the Drew (tm) because anyone with a schlong that big deserves
>some respect, but since the current forum's addy is actually
>"drewvogel.com". I
>can't see Linford using this location.  If the thing could be moved to
>overtherhine.com. I could see it working. I can kind of equate it with
>Don's
>old MIT site, it was fine but still not an official site.  It was
>eventually
>replaced with one that the band could have more control over.
>
>What if the Drew (tm) fulfills his destiny in the near future and becomes a
>god
>or an angel or (gaf) a movie star, and therefore can't maintain his old
>mortal
>web presence?
>
>Any thoughts?

I'm an OtR newbie, but here's my 2¢ anyways:

It seems apparent Linford & Karin have wanted to do an online forum (which
has many advantages as a communication medium for their fans) for quite some
time.  I signed onto this list recently because I'm really into their music
and I'm very interested in what the long-time faithful have to say, and God
bless all of you for loving them and each other enough to cope with this
email craziness.  I would assume what's been holding them back is simply not
having the time to properly set up a forum and find an administrator, which
is really a necessity for a format like that.  Clearly they have a difficult
time finding time just to keep their current site up to date while they're
on the road (which, incidentally, is just fine with me since my name happens
to be on their current somewhat out-of-date home page).

Drew obviously knows his way around web technology and is willing and able
to dedicate the time and resources to sponsor the forum on his site, and I
salute him for his extraordinary efforts!  I can, however, see why K&L might
want a fan forum that they could have more direct control over to officially
represent Over the Rhine.  But until they can find their way clear to figure
something out, DrewVogel.COM Forums -> DrewVogel.COM -> Over The Rhine is
really a terrific place to be -- at least until Drew sprouts wings or
whatever.  I can't imagine K&L having any objections to it as an unofficial
fan site.

Keith from NY