Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V5 #302

In a message dated 9/24/03 4:55:57 AM, Owner-Over-The-Rhine at ActWin_com writes:

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:42:24 -0500 (CDT)
From: Drew Johnson <djohnson at snowplow_org>
Subject: Re: Shuba's Review et al...

Man.  I am _so_ looking forward to tonight.  It snuck up on Sherry and me,
but it's OHIO in Minnesota Day.

<Drew performs the dance reserved for concert days in Minnesota>

- -Drew J

Hi Drew,

That is one thing I miss about concerts in Minnesota.  Living in Uptown it was so easy to get to them.  I could have my middle aged body tucked safe in bed 20 minutes after I left the venue downtown.

Here in New Jersey going to a concert can be a major inverstment of time, tolls, gas, terror on the freeway and ticket prices.  I don't even know where or if OTR is playing in the NYC area.  But, even though I live 20 minutes west of Manhattan getting into New York for a concert is something you have to count the cost about.

Sue and I want to see Neil Young just outside of NYC on the Long Island side. The hour and a half drive ended up taking over three hours because we spent an hour and a half approaching and creeping accross the George Washington Bridge.  This was at 4:00 on a Sunday Afternoon in June.  We thought we would have time for a stroll on the beach before the show and ended up sitting down in our seats just as Lucinda Williams was beginning her opening act slot.

But don't let that keep you and your lovely bride from coming out to visit us.  Because for a visitor it is surprisingly cost effective to stay at the Boyer B&B and go into New York.  Will and Cully are coming in November.

Brian is coming out to visit and he and I are going to the 2nd to last show of Springsteen's Rising Tour at Shea Stadium in NYC.  We have great seats for a stadium show.  Just off of the field down the first base foul line, stage is in centerfield.  This will be my third show of the tour.  One in St. Paul,  one in NJ and now the final stand in the big apple.  I am a happy camper.

By the way what does that dance look like?  Any other Johnson news?

Watching Eternity,
Andy B.

"i ain't gonna talk about jed...
i don't watch channel 2 or 6 or 9
i don't have time to talk that fast
and it ain't my crime

it ain't an honour to be on tv
and it ain't a duty either
the only good thing about tv is shows like 'leave it to beaver'

shows with love and affection
like mama used to say
'a little mayberry livin' can go a long way' "

        neil young