Re: my little rant

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 22:59, Ben Dean wrote:
> but a band that doesn't progress and change is a band that dies. ohio's

This is even more true for Over the Rhine.

Here's the thing - as anyone who's ever seen Over the Rhine more than a
few times, they are have an incredibly diverse live show.

Example:  tonight I went to the Minneapolis show, and the five piece was
all up and in your face.  They even let Paul go wild on the effects
processor a coupla times and get screechy a la a modern rock concert.

Last time I saw them was a while ago, before I got married.  It was just
Karin and Linford, just piano and guitar.  No frills, stripped down...
and absolutely beautiful.

OtR is certainly not a band that likes to get in a rut.  Heck, every
time I hear them do a song, there's something different about it,
whether it be Karin's vocal inflections, Linford whipping out an organ
solo, or Paul jamming on the guitar.

Anyway, apologies to any listees who were at the Minneapolis show
tonight - I did get to say a brief "hi" to Drew and his lady, but it was
a bit of a whirlwind night, as my wife had to be late, coming from a
nasty grad school exam.  In fact, I haven't even had much time to read
the list lately, which is ironic since I'm currently unemployed (anybody
need a software programmer out there?) - but it seems that I'm almost
busier than ever, and any time I get on the computer is spent job
searching or resume building (and then Buster, our corgi, decides he
wants to hop up and start typing).

Good show.  And now to bed.

Troy