somewhat tardy show review

I was going to post this review earlier but I ended up spending my
entire Saturday doing this 24 hour theatre thing, so I spent the entire
day, 9-midnight in and around the lab theatre.  (If anyone wants to
hear more about that, I'm really geeked and I'll be happy to tell you,
perhaps offlist)  Suffice to say that I had a fun and intensive acting
experience.
I went to the Calvin OTR show Friday night.  It was fantastic.  The
setlist was pretty similar to the one someone posted for Beachland
Ballroom, except they played a second encore.  I think it was Latter
Days.  At least, latter days was in there somewhere.  I really didn't
think they'd come out again, becuase changes come is such a good note
to end it on, but I'm glad they did.
As for the 5-peice lineup, it was fun to see OTR so rockin' for the
first time.  I rarely notice drummers, but I really think that Will's
style added a lot.  (And sorry to go all teenie-bopper on you, but does
anyone else think he's rather attractive?)  All in all, I think I
prefer the toned-down acoustic lineup to full band.  Partly because all
the spectacle of Paul's playing drew my attention away from Linford's
playing (which I love) and Karin's singing (which everyone loves).
Paul's equipment though was sure fun and exciting.
I went to the conversation beforehand, and a lot of the information I
had already read in interviews or whatever, but some new things came
up.  Karin quipped that at one point she wanted to name the album Cruel
and Pretty but didn't want people to think that it meant she was cruel
and linford was pretty.  Another interesting thing I didn't know was
that having the "f-word" in "Changes Come" has already lost them money
because some colleges who would have invited them to play decided not
to becasue of it.  Which, really, is a little silly.  As Linford said,
what's really daring is to sing lyrics like "Jesus come turn the world
around take the whole thing down" in some club somewhere, which is what
they do more often.  My Dad shared some applicable beatles/lennon
trivia.  This was his first OTR show and I'm excited to talk to him
about it, but I haven't had a chance yet, due to him leaving soon after
and me being penned up in the theatre all day yesterday.
So, the show was great.  Stephen Delopelous didn't open after all,
which was disapointing.  Highlights for me were Cruel and Pretty,
Changes Come, All I Need is Everything, Latter Days.

Bethany