Re: Vancouver

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Dave Cusick .:::. POST MODERN ROCK SHOW wrote:
> I . . . have returned to Trinity to finish my religious studies degree
> and pick up a communications minor.

Wanna join me for any films at the upcoming film festival?  I'm currently
beginning to plan my moviegoing schedule.

http://peter.chattaway.com/movies/viff.htm

FWIW, I have already seen a number of the festival films at previews and
on tape.

http://promontoryarts.com/viewtopic.php?t=639

> It is sometimes beautiful, has some good cultural amenities, and is home
> to many of the most amazing and beautiful people I have ever known, but
> it is also huge and unruly, with not enough freeways . . .

Pfeh, I for one have always liked the fact that our city is not bisected
by freeways.  :)

> . . . far too many identical, green-glassed apartment buildings
> cluttering its skyline . . .

I can't say our skyline has ever seemed especially remarkable to me one
way or another, compared to that of other cities.

> . . . far too many gravel-sided houses on its streets . . .

No argument there, though I think the official term is "stucco".

> . . . and, worst of all, I'm not allowed to work there and be around
> those I love.

Can't argue with that.  :)

Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only afterwards do they
   claim remembrance, on account of their scars. -- Chris Marker, La Jetee