Mac/Apple

I strongly encourage use of Mac.  Since Unix-based Jaguar (OSX, Mac's
version of "Windows") it's amazingly fun to own a personal computer again.
One semi-high end application I'd purchased for my Mac wasn't ready for OSX
(MOTU's Digital Performer, you had to go back into some OS9 thing) and it
looked like the stone age to me, it was awful.  But that's been fixed and
all is right with the world.

I've been a user for one year and two weeks to the day.

It's pricier than it's Windows cousin, and the clock speed is less..  But:

1) All I wanted to do with a computer was:
.a) Sequence and record music (awesome stuff on Mac and some for PC too)
.b) Microsoft Word and Excel I love (cannot do without, good on both, but
even MS has said their Word and Excel versions for the current Mac are their
best versions of those programs made yet)
.c) Internet (Safari is optimized really well and it flies)

2) When I plug things in to a computer, I want them to work.  It seems so
simple.  I hate drivers, I hate installations that fail.  It's not all
Microsoft's fault.  It's not all of the peripheral manufacturers' faults.
It's mostly IBM's for making the PC platform so open to accept anything.
Sure, there aren't 18 billion peripherals that work with Macs.  Go through
an Apple store, there's a smaller choice, but it's all well made products
that do what you need at home or in your office.  And it will work.

3) Clock speed is bunk.

I (heart) my computer.

I dream of wires,
New ways, new ways,