man in black

>and ohh...to have seen Johnny Cash.  I know of one person on the >list that
saw him.  Any others with Johnny Cash concert stories.

I was fortunate enough to have seen him twice.  I first heard of him from a
neighbor that played his stuff on the Hi-Fi.  I was still fairly young, 10
or 9, and it was my first real exposure to music.  I loved Johnny Cash.  My
folks were still together then and I got my dad to take me to see him live,
this was back in the late 60's.  I begged and pleaded after that for a
guitar, I got one for Christmas that year.  I walked around with it hanging
by the strap on my back like Johnny did more than I actually played it.  I
played and "sang" Ring of Fire for a 6th grade music final.

I saw him once again in college days, we took a road trip just for that
show.  We ended up getting so buzzed on the ride we got lost and only made
it for the last 4 songs.

AboynamedMichael