RE: Hello?

< originally written by Trudy >

PS:  Use plain text...no graphics on the list...it comes out like
gibberish if ya do.
T xo

-------------------------------

Yes dear, I've been learning by watching all your mistakes. <wink>

OK, I won't bore everyone with the story of my life.  I love OtR and I guess
that's what counts.  I only discovered their music this past May when a
couple of the Cowboy Junkies people (aka "llamas") finally persuaded me to
buy Good Dog Bad Dog, which I think is one of the best albums ever made.
About a week later I found out Karin & Linford were performing in NYC near
me, so I went to see them in the sanctuary of an Upper West Side church with
about 80 other people.  It was a short but brilliant set, and afterward I
introduced myself to Linford, who introduced me to Karin.  I was pleasantly
surprised at how friendly and down-to-earth they both are -- they were
genuinely delighted to have a new fan, and Linford actually seemed to
struggle with my question regarding which CD I should buy next.  He settled
on Films for Radio, but the girl at the merch counter gave me Amateur
Shortwave Radio by mistake.  I was competely blown away by the breadth of
their repertoire, as I had assumed all their music was similar to the
austere Schubertian beauty characteristic of GDBD.  After that I just went
to the website and ordered everything they ever released, including
Linford's solo pieces which I really love, and of course I pre-ordered Ohio.
  It's totally beyond me how they've managed to make so much great music for
so many years and remain so little known outside their home area.  I've
turned several of my friends into enthusiastic Rhinelanders over the past
couple of months.

Ohio is currently tied with Lucinda Williams' World Without Tears as my
favorite album of the year, but I can't honestly say I find very much on it
that moves me quite as much as my favorite songs on GDBD and FFR, even
though I've listened to it at least a dozen times and saw most of it
performed live in Lexington and Cincinnati (which definitely helped my
appreciation for these songs).  So there's no doubt in my mind it will be
their most popular album ever!

Happy to be here,
Keith from NY