Re: confessions of a kazaa user

> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
>
>> Here's a thought, then.
>>
>> The band has supported and even at times encouraged taping of the shows.
>>
>> Will they be sued, too? Should we start a legal defense fund for OtR? I
>> know a great lawyer, Linford!

I wouldn't worry about taping, if the band's given permission. It's the
distribution of taped shows that gets tricky. The common disclaimer is that
taped shows can never be sold, only traded as 1:1 or B&P (blank CDs and
postage). Bands get a bit upset when tapers start selling shows and keeping
all the profits, and you bet they should. I wouldn't expect them to be
jumpy-happy about folks just handing out shows for free. The 1:1/B&P at
least requires a bit of effort.

Does anyone know why Over The Rhine isn't listed by Furthur as one of the
bands you can trade through their network?

Nathan