Re: confessions of a kazaa user

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> Here's a thought, then.
>
> The band has supported and even at times encouraged taping of the shows.
>
> Will they be sued, too? Should we start a legal defense fund for OtR? I
> know a great lawyer, Linford!

(:

i don't know that they could go after OTR (and i don't want to ask my
copyright lawyer sister), since the claim is 'downloaders are stealing
money from artists'

if said artists give away certain rights to thteir music, recognizing the
benefit of samples and a fan base that needs/wants/appreciates more than
the Odd CD thrown their way every few years.... that's their prerogative,
no?

or does it depend on the contract they sign?

dunno

> I have a good lawyer, and I can't use him. Gah. Never fall at the PA Ren
> Faire, folks.

you never did tell us why you were immobile, yzz

rhys

--
Windows has detected that the mouse has moved.
Please restart for the change to take effect.