Re: Over the Rhine, Tastes, and a band you might see in Florida

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 Wrmrdays at aol_com wrote:

> First, are my tastes so strange?

(: need you ask? you're here (:

> It just seems like the material I like most by bands - the songs I
> believe are the most "radio friendly" - the ones that I think should be
> instant classics - are almost NEVER the ones that anyone else really
> likes?  That reviewer thought that "She" was the only song that could be
> left off the new record, but that's one of my "essentials".  I made a
> single disc comp. of Ohio and I left off; "What I'll Remember Most",
> "Anything at All", "Changes Come", "Remind Us", "Fool", and "Hometown
> Boy" - which, esp. "Changes Come", seem to be many folks favorites.

i think that the reveiwer meant that at first listen she's leave off She
- but it became the song she liked the best as more and more listens were
given.

CHanges Come is one that takes growing on i bet.  favourite songs:

longlost brother
anythins at all

i dunno - all of them almost (:

it's got this neat rhytmic local feel to it that i really like - i mean
the whole set of songs.

> Now, does anyone know if OTR are pushing any of the songs from these
> discs to radio?  If they did, which would you play?  I could hear "How
> Long have you Been Stoned" or "Nobody Number One" getting airplay on
> some stations I suppose, but the record overall just doesn't strike me
> as very radio friendly.

i think any of them would work. i mean look at sarah maclachlan - she's
got a moody sexy voice with moody songs. and they make play time.

but do they have to?

rhys

--
Windows has detected that the mouse has moved.
Please restart for the change to take effect.