The Sights Of The Springs (was Thinking About The Back Roads)

I suggest that everyone who is able to be in Colorado Springs, Colorado
before 6 P.M. meet at the bookstore on the Focus On The Family
<family.org> campus, since it is large, climate controlled, easy to
find, free, and has a wall of windows facing the sunset over the
Rockies.

I am curious to see what it would be like to have several inquiries at
the store's information desk for Over The Rhine albums.

The last hourly tour of the campus starts at 4 P.M.

I think that the Pro Rodeo Hall Of Fame closes at 5 P.M.

Shank Zehr <shankzehr at yahoo_com> wrote-
>"My home place is a couple hours west >of Lake Placid, same kind of
country. I >took a whirlwind tour of the western >states with my family
years ago, and >yes, the Rockies are incredible. I'm sure >I could get
used to it, but it's a different, >wilder sort of beauty. The
Adirondacks >feel remote and unspoiled, but >comfortable and inviting."

>rom Trudy:
>"Kirk...Is this area near Like Placid? >Having visited L/P and
Whiteface >Mountain many times when I lived back >East, I can testify
how gorgeous it >is....during every season there was a >special beauty.
Somehow the winter >struck me as paricularly awesome. >(Remember the
Lake Placid Winter >Olympics?)
>And I agree..there is NOTHING like New >England Fall colors. Have you
ever been >out to the Rockies?"

NP-> Chris Whitley- "Poison Girl"

"I think there's an innocence about the midwest that walks hand in hand
with a kind of mental illness..." Linford Detweiler 1993