Re: Big charts and coffee

I agree that it's cool to be in on the secret of OtR. [snip basic "I like
the band" comments"] But I don't really like the thought that anyone has to
qualify to buy their albums. Sure if mainstream radio picked them up, people
might buy the albums just for a single, for a sound. They're missing out,
but aesthetics is a good enough excuse, I suppose. There'll also be folks
who happen to pick up the album and find the kind of depth and necessity
here that us in-the-know folks do. Sure I wish K&L financial success. But
really I wish them success cause I think they have things to say that are
worth hearing--stuff that more people should here.

Maybe big success would mean playing to 20,000,000 people, huge thousand-ton
stage productions, armies of security guards, etc., so afterwards there
aren't so many chances to chat with Linford at the merch table, vis:

Linford: Thanks so much for coming out tonight.

Nathan: Hey, yeah, well thanks for inviting us. I'm glad to be here.

Maybe that would be better for everyone's sake [har har]. That's not really
why I'm there. From Long Lost Brother, "I want to do better. I want to try
harder. I want to believe...." Life is worth struggling with, and I find
that in constructive ways in this music. It helps me keep searching for the
words, for more ways to make sense, if there's sense to be made of this
place. I just think they're a secret that gains value as it's shared.

Nathan