Charts, Elizabeth, Guitar-Boys

part one of this message~

hearing OtR on the radio would be cool (*seeing*
them on the radio would be cooler, but quite
frankly against the physical laws with which radio
is bound).  while the indie-purveyor in me would
not want them to get too big, the support-the-
bandie in me would want them to get the recognition
that they so duly, dually deserve.

many big acts have major respect... u2, johnny
cash, bob dylan, prince, the beatles... you know,
i can't even continue, it's too freakin' many.

OtR getting "big" on radio or on the charts wouldn't
reduce their music to radio mush.  it would still
stand on the value that it has prior to the "big
time."  "kiss me" didn't turn sixpence into the next
britney.  it turned them into a pop group with more
scope of listenership.  it's the crappy "don't dream
it's over" cover tune that ticks me off, far more
than "kiss me."

i think that a lot of people who have "been into
artists since the early days" and then turn from
them when they get big... well, that's immature.

music is an art form.  it's also a job.  it's the
way that the artists make a living.  turning away
just because more people like them now is... dumb.

..

son of part one~

so who's going to the thingy at St Elizabeth's on
Saturday... i think my wife and i are going... Ash,
Kim #1, Kim #2, Karin, Mike the singer, and Mike
the photo-man... $10 plus a can of canned whatnot.

good deal.

..

son of part one, return~

Paul is a keeper.  PAUL MOAK.  PAUL MOAK.  WE LIKES
HIM.  KARIN & LINFORD... WE LIKES HIM A LOT.

when i grow up, i want to be a twinkie wrapper.
not the actual wrapper, but the actual wrapper.
Dan

np: sinead o'connor - the lion and the cobra

hej, for real, check out -> http://www.pixieprincess.com/