Ohio in Massachusetts, and August births

Congratulations, John Davis, on the birth of your son. My sister gave birth
to her first child, a boy, on August 13. Don Smith's birthday is in August,
and so's mine, so's my bro's, so's my bro-in-law's, so's my nephew's. August
is an awesome month to be born!.........unless you're pregnant with a child
until August, then it blows. Understood. Anyway....

Ohio arrived via USMail this past Monday. Listened to it all on Tuesday.
Liked some of it, felt the rest was too understated, like GDBD. Title track
is nicely sad. Jesus in New Orleans is a good bluesy,
front-porch-with-a-southern-ice-tea the-way-it-is-supposed-to-be-made kind
of feel. When You Say Love is a peppy tune with a freakin' Vox Organ or
facsimile. I love vox organ tunes; they say, "Pop Muzik! Don't take this too
seriously!"

OK, got verbose. I'm supposed to hit the sack like a good 40-something after
the CD burner does its job for my wife, Cuteface. Gotta power down. I'll
give Ohio another run-through tomorrow and hopefully pick some faves. I
think deep down I still yearn for a return to Patience form, 'cause that was
my first OTR CD, but I know I'm kidding myself. OK, now I'm gone. Good
night, and wait for the next tour to hit Boston.

Scott

NP - The Fall "This Nation's Saving Grace" (not really, but wishing I could)