Re: Review by Glen Gamboa

--- stephanie larson <chicagocoffee at hotmail_com> wrote:

> Did Glen Gamboa'a review annoy anyone else...
> comparing Karin to Nora Jones as if she could be that great someday.
> Obviously this guy doesn't get it.

I think from the perspective he is writing from, it was a compliment.  He did
have some very good things to say about the band.  I took the comparisons to
Jones and Willams--and even Cline (although, I hear more Rhimes in that
particular song--which arguably does have some Cline influence of her own) to
be his way of addressing a relatively obscure band to a world of readers who
have no real frame of reference for their music.  I always like reading a
review of the band from someone who has no real background knowledge of them.
I detected misinformation in both reviews, but how can you expect people to
know every detail of info on an obscure band such as we have been lucky enough
to be familiar with for so many years.  Unless I know the reviewer is no
stranger to the band, I tend to give a lot of slack.  On the other hand, if the
review is a negative one, or a particulary poorly written one, I really do get
annoyed.

=====