ohio

Hello all, i sure hope everyone has had the chance to listen to the new
recording(i dont want to spoil anyones expectations), but i just wanted to
write that this record is amazing, one of the few albums that goes beyond my
expectations.  There are very few recordings that i have been able to call
blessings in my life(in the true sense of the word, not is some
over-sentimental idea of the word).  It is a blessing because not only has
it been a catalyst of examination(which is why i listened to over the rhine
in the first place), but because it has been a motivator to do things and
not just think about them.  Hence this post.
    I didnt even pre-order the album because i didnt know if i would like it
a much as their other albums(im the kind of guy that wants to hear
"conjectures of a guilty bystander" on every album).
Needles to say the veil of my expectations were torn in two(literally 2
discs) and my judgments were turned into a love of (what i call a new
sound). To me the songs are very sparce, and i dont mean this judgementally
at all, there are enough instruments and plenty of production, but there is
still some open space left that i personally have never heard on a rhine
album before(not even "good dog, bad dog".) Anyway ill stop typing and just
say that i have had a great time exploring these songs.

P.S. Conjectures is nowhere to be found on this album.

my favs so far; bothered, Jesus in New Orleans,b.p.d.(bi-polar disorder?),long lost
brother, and cruel and pretty.