Re: Re: Power

On 8/16/03 1:11 PM, quoth the effervescent FlipRollem at aol_com at
FlipRollem at aol_com:

>In a matter of seconds we can be back in the 1700s power-wise.
>Sumpthin to think about.

I know I'm a few days behind, but I just had to catch this:

We apparently lost power at work Saturday. I'm not sure, and no one
around me could verify it at the time, either. Why? I was out at opening
day of the PA Ren Faire. Half of Lancaster County coulda lost power, and
we wouldn't have even noticed. We STILL would have partied like it was
1562. And we did!

The lighning strikes were insane, though. I don't think I've ever been
quite that close-- they seared my eyes with bright, looking-at-the-sun
flashes of whiter-than-white almost-colour, and made even the most
stalwart of Rogues and Mercenaries start. And all of us outside in a
tent, no less. WOOTY WOOT!

Sadly, down the lane a bit, outside O'Malley's pub, behind the Abbey
Scriptorium, lightning leaped from one of the clothing merchant's booths
to a tree and exploded the bark from it in a perfect spiral, down into
the earth, apparently searing the roots. As soon as we closed, the tree
was cut down. I have a fragment of its bark, but alas, I didn't get to go
see it.

Hope everyone else is all right, of course.