Re: thank you all

In a message dated 8/18/2003 4:46:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, wrosesongs at fastmail_fm writes:

> we watched
> the finely acted 'the contender' and a wonderful film
> called 'blue'.

Wow. One of my favorite films ("Blue", currently 2nd place in my top ten faves) and one of my LEAST favorite. "Blue" is poetry. "Contender" feels like anti-Republican propaganda.

By the way, moviegoers, here's an interesting three-critic interview in which Clint Kelly asks me, Michael Medved, and Todd Rendleman a bunch of questions along the lines of What's Wrong with Hollywood?:
http://www.spu.edu/depts/uc/response/summer2k3/faithfilm.html
and here's a link to our top tens:
http://www.spu.edu/depts/uc/response/summer2k3/critics.html

Jeffrey

Jeffrey
Reviews, interviews, and stylistic inconsistencies at
http://promontoryartists.org/lookingcloser