Re: PLEASE DON'T DELETE -- YOU MIGHT HAVE A VIRUS

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Jeff McCloud wrote:

> This is a serious message. I just got word this morning.

> 2... In the file folder option, type the name jdbgmgr.exe

now look

this is aBad Thing to be doing.

firstly - this file (if you looked it up) is a Java Debugger

now it's not a Bad Thing necessarily to delete it, if you don't develop
Java, but this is a dangerous trend

getting emails that tell you to delete things wlily nilly off of your
computer *is* a Very Bad Thing. you could be directed to delete something
important that could thereby make you vulnerable to a virus, or disable
your computer entrely.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/jdbgmgr.htm

please read the link for more information

rhys

--
End hunger
Save the whales