Re: dinner and a movie (no otr)

Jeffrey:
>Well, for the record, I think it is a very important film about anger,
>injustice, and revenge. Where most films about crime oversimplify the
>problem, glorify revenge, and suggest that "getting the bad guy" will "even
>the score" and "restore order", "In the Bedroom" tells an honest and
>challenging story about the way that "evening the score" only makes us into
>monsters, and how taking judgment into one's own hands can hollow out your
>heart. The performances are all first rate. I came away from the film
>sobered, troubled, but it has stayed with me and haunted me like few films
>do.

I agree... it was a very honest movie. Pehaps I wasn't in the mood to feel
troubled and it left a nasty taste in my mouth.

>So no, it's not a great Friday night "entertainment", but it is a powerful
>work of art.

Yeah, more of a rainy saturday afternoon thing.

Has anyone seen 'Good Girl'?? With Jennifer Anniston, and the kid who played
in that 'Donnie Darko' film. I recommend this one. And if you get the Dvd...
you can hear Cowboy Junkies 'Sweet Jane'(my fav).

Anyhoo,

kylie