Re: dinner and a movie (no otr)

> this is the longest, most boring movie i've ever watched in
> my entire life.
> i do not reccomend.

Well, for the record, I think it is a very important film about anger, injustice, and revenge. Where most films about crime oversimplify the problem, glorify revenge, and suggest that "getting the bad guy" will "even the score" and "restore order", "In the Bedroom" tells an honest and challenging story about the way that "evening the score" only makes us into monsters, and how taking judgment into one's own hands can hollow out your heart. The performances are all first rate. I came away from the film sobered, troubled, but it has stayed with me and haunted me like few films do.

So no, it's not a great Friday night "entertainment", but it is a powerful work of art.

Jeffrey

Reviews, interviews, and stylistic inconsistencies at
http://promontoryartists.org/lookingcloser