Re: Re: a topic of discussion

On 8/7/03 2:47 PM, quoth the effervescent Michelle from Hawai'i! at
kanani71 at yahoo_com:

>--- Kristen Bailey <youaremorethanyouthinkyouare at yahoo_com>
>wrote:
>> So here's a question for yall.  Jewel.  Sell-out pop
>> star or just expanding her horizons?
>>

>i dig jewel and was really skeptical of this one.  i put off
>getting 0304 and finally picked it up a couple weeks ago.  i
>like it.  more than i thought i would if it turned out i would
>like it.  i don't think she sold-out.

I don't really either, I suppose. Just because someone dabbles in current
trends doesn't mean they're somehow instantly stripped of their integrity
and higher mental functions. Unless you make karaoke* machine tapes.

Actually, what I REALLY think it it's just to sell more razors. And I
LIKE the things, but they wear out too damned fast. $8 for a three-pack,
they should last more than four showers. Gah.

*How can anyone not love dictionary.com?  [Japanese  : kara, void, empty
+ oke(sutora), orchestra (from English orchestra).]