Re: song similarites

I hate it when I just hit reply, instead of sending it to the whole list. Sorry, Michelle.

I was listening to NNO as I read this -you're right. I also have some of the same feeling from it -a sense of loss and and sadness and hopelessness, but at the end of NNO, just a touch of light.

Good comparison.

Ruth

--- michelle <kanani71 at yahoo_com> wrote:

> Speaking of similarities:
> Anyone else think they're about to hear Natalie Merchant's
> 'Carnival' as NNO
> opens with that drum line?

nice, anita.. i do hear it now.  i was stuck on the piano part,
'member that Everclear song Wonderful?  maybe cause it's a
talking/rap-ish song too.  anybody else hear this when the piano
starts?

I close my eyes when I get too sad
I think thoughts that I know are bad
Close my eyes and I count to ten
I hope it's over when I open them
I want the things that I had before
Like a Star Wars poster on my bedroom door

i also hear the sheryl crow/show me similarity after it was
mentioned.  this is fun.

michelle