Re: third world connections (Re: I have no Halloween )

rhys daily <shadow at teuton_org> writes:
Wow Rhys, never disagreed with you so much at one time! ;)

>third world day to day
>
>Graceland:
>Call me All

Song about what it means to get old, be disillusioned

>African Skies

Song about renewal after lost love

>Diamonds on the Soles of her shoes

Song about falling in love, how love overshadows worldy concerns

>I know what i KNow

Song about how silly and strange middle-aged people feel about doing the
dating thing again after being married so long

>Homeless

This *might* be about Africa, but only because Joseph Shambala wroteit ,
right?

>You're the One:
>
>The Teacher

Song about how religion gets corrupted and becomes the thing it orignally
hated

>Senorita witha Necklace of Tears

Song about love

>Pigs Sheep and Wolves

Song about how the media blows things out of proportion

>Hurrcain eye?

Song about coming to terms with one's own inconsistencies

>Rhythm of the Saints
>
>Cool River

Song about disillusionment and faith

>Coast

Song about being on tour

>Can't Run, But

Song about government corruption

>She moves

Song about losing love

>Spirit Voices

Song about walking around in a South American jungle and doing
hallucinagenic religious drugs

>The Rhythm of the Saints

Song about the power of faith

>but there's better connections to africa
>
>Salif Kaita
>oliver mtukudzi
>zap mama
>pap wemba
>ladysmith black mbazo
>orchestra baobab

Yes! I'm particulat fond of Orchestra Baobab at present. Also there's
Geoffrey Oryema, Fela Kuti, The Drummer of Barundi, Yossou N'Dour.

John Paul Davis
Center for Community Learning
Antioch College
http://www.antioch-college.edu/ccl

Ned Flanders: Let's just agree to disagree
Principal Skinner: I don't agree to that
Mrs. Krabapple: Me neither