Re: I have no Halloween suggestions - yet..

Hmmm.

I don't know that I'd say 'The Boy in the Bubble" is "about day-to-day
third world events." It seems to me to be more about the inability of
education and technology to provide the mircales that lead to an ideal
society like we were promised.
The third-world imagery is just imagery employed in that larger meaning.

Most of Paul Simon's songs deal with middle-class Americans. Even when an
album is heavy on imagery from other cultures (The Rhythm of the Saints
has the most egregious examples), the themes and ideas are still very
American - getting old and looking back at your highschool yearbook, the
government's corruption, the waning of faith's importance, weariness, lost
love, hope found in the birth fo a child, etc, etc.

John Paul Davis
Center for Community Learning
Antioch College
http://www.antioch-college.edu/ccl

Ned Flanders: Let's just agree to disagree
Principal Skinner: I don't agree to that
Mrs. Krabapple: Me neither