Re: Falling (Death of an Album)

My take on it is this:  There's bazillions of people that want to put movie
posters or art reproductions on their walls.  And then there's a much
smaller subset of people that want actual *original* art.

Album listeners seem to be the equivalent to the "original art" people, for
the music crowd.

P2P and the mp3 culture of today's youth satisfies the masses: gets them the
latest 50 Cent, Justin Timberlake or Beyonce cut without wading through all
the garbage/filler on the album.  There will still be kids of the future
listening to album cuts, I reckon'.  Perhaps fewer than today.

It's easier for me to listen to albums by bands like OtR and such, without
radio "hits" per se, because I'm not particularly sick of any one song over
another..

On an unrelated note, we might as well kiss "Show Me" goodbye after this
fall tour - if history repeats itself.  Show Me is being played a lot on 97X
here, and that spells doom for it's live performance.  Just like when How
Does It Feel, Happy With Myself?, and Give Me Strength were all being
played, they dropped 'em from live rotation.  Watch 'em prove me wrong and
do a medley of them on this tour..  :)

In spite of the weather,