Re: I like books

I'd really like to like Blue Shoe, but so far it reads like a poor man's
Kingsolver. Lamott just seems way too close to the subject matter; it's
frustrating to read a book when you feel like the author's lost track of
what story she's trying to tell. Trying to leave off until it's finished...

Is the Steinbeck a new book, then? I remember reading The Red Pony in, what,
6th or 7th grade, so I figured he must be dead by now. Huh.
Anyone read more of Michael Ondaatje than The English Patient or Anil's
Ghost?

Nathan