Re: Cornerstone attendance

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, kevin j hopp wrote:

> Drew:
> >I'll be there.  I'm helping to run the Imaginarium this year, so wave
> howdy to me if y'all hit the Buffy seminar
>
> Damn, there's a Buffy seminar!
> I can't believe I'm missing C-Stone AGAIN this year.
> Missed last year too.
>
> Strangely I mostly miss the Imaginarium more than the bands.

Yup.  'Rooting for Buffy:  Why Buffy Inspires our Faith'.

The gent who has organized a good deal of the corpus of crit on
Buffy is actually running this lecture.  Imaginarium is really kind of
stepping out this year a bit with the academics that they're bringing.

Of course, being Imaginarium, they're also teetering on the other side.  I
understand Dave Canfield has a few surprises for the midnight movie
showings (I hear rumors of Speed Racer, and I may just have to bring my
Zim DVD).  Oh, and karaoke.

Fear of the Other, indeed.

-Drew J

O Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, SCA  )   ^ ^
O    I also have the garlic powder. - Diablo - 10/4/98, goats.com    X  (_|_)
O            Check out rft.melm.org - Radio Free Tomorrow.           | (bunny)