Re: seriously

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 OncleBoo at aol_com wrote:
> Michelle writes:

> > it was written by Krzysztof Piesiewicz, who wrote and directed the
> > 'three colors' movies 'blue', 'white' and 'red'
>
> I'm not familiar with this "Heaven" that you referred to, but I'm pretty
> sure "Blue", "White" and "Red" were all directed by Krzysztof
> Kieslowski, not Piesiewicz.  Kieslowski also created a ten-part film (or
> perhaps it was ten discrete films that are all part of a whole) called
> "Decalogue" that I've been wanting to see for years.

Kieslowski did direct all the films you mention here.  He also wrote the
script for _Heaven_, which was supposed to be part of a trilogy, with
_Hell_ and _Purgatory_ being the other two films.

FWIW, the director of _Heaven_, Tom Tykwer, was also the director of _Run
Lola Run_, which was inspired by Kieslowski's film _Blind Chance_.

Kieslowski-Tykwer on _Heaven_, Kubrick-Spielberg on _A.I. Artificial
Intelligence_, Dreyer-Von Trier on _Medea_ ... how many other posthumous
"collaborations" have there been in recent years, I wonder?

Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only afterwards do they
   claim remembrance, on account of their scars. -- Chris Marker, La Jetee